Male Breast Reduction – Top 10 Natural Ways to Reduce MoobsOctober 19, 2016 • By Matt
More and more men are turning to natural male breast reduction methods to treat a condition referred to as gynecomastia. Also known as man boobs, this condition arises from hormonal imbalance. Enlarged male breasts are common during puberty and most men outgrow it. However in some cases the swelling continues to adulthood.
Hormonal imbalance is the most common cause, but it’s not the only one. Man boobs could arise from medications as a side effect, or it could be due to poor diet, drinking too much alcohol, kidney or liver failure, obesity or exposure to pollutants and unhealthy chemicals.
While it’s not fatal, it is embarrassing. The good thing is there are ways of male brest reduction without spending a lot of money. If you thought the only way to reduce your male breast is via expensive surgery, that’s not true at all as the following tips will show.
Food that can help with male breast reduction
We refer in particular to mackerel, tuna and salmon as they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. By eating fish on a regular basis your body’s estrogen level goes down and your testosterone level shoots up.
- Tuna, mackerel and salmon are the best sources of omega 3 fatty acid.
- Omega 3 fatty acid is also found in fish oil supplements. Refer to the product’s label for the correct dosage.
There is no shortage of studies detailing the benefits of green tea. They’re natural antioxidants, improve blood circulation and also promote weight loss. It is this latter benefit that makes it ideal for breast reduction for men.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea a day for optimum results.
- If you’re going to take green tea supplements, the total per day needs to be 100 to 750 mg.
Turmeric is one of the most potent home remedies for gynecomastia as it boosts the testosterone level in your body. Turmeric is also good for the other organs in your body and is especially good for reducing the size of male breasts.
- Mix a couple of teaspoons of turmeric powder with a glass of water.
- Let it simmer for ten minutes and drink it 2 to 3 times a day. In just a few weeks you’re going to see a significant reduction in your breast size.
Milk thistle is most commonly associated with the treatment of alcohol induced liver diseases. It’s well known as a treatment for acute viral hepatitis and alcoholic cirrhosis. However it is also a potent cure for gynecomastia due to the compound silymarin.
- Add one teaspoon of crushed milk thistle in 3 cups of water.
- Allow it to boil for 20 minutes.
- Drink twice a day.
Dandelion is another herb widely used for male breast reduction. It is known primarily as an antioxidant, flushing out toxins through your urine. Not only does dandelion eliminate toxins in your body, but it also removes the excess estrogen in your system, and it also gets rid of body fats.
- Prepare hot water and add one teaspoon of dandelion leaves.
- Let it steep for ten minutes. Drink three times a day and you’ll see those man boobs get smaller.
Ginger Root Tea
Ginger root tea is usually taken to relieve nausea, and a cup is useful in preventing motion sickness and to stop vomiting. However it’s also good for breast reduction for men. In a few months you’re going to lose those man boobs as ginger boosts your metabolism.
- Boil water and place some ginger (grated, fresh) in it.
- Cover and let it steep for 2 minutes.
- Strain it and drink.
Epsom salt is widely used in the world of alternative medicine for its detoxifying properties. Provided you don’t suffer from hypertension or a cardiovascular condition, the detoxifying process gets rid of unwanted pounds as well as the excess fat in your chest.
- Pour a couple of cups of Epsom salt in your bathtub.
- Soak yourself in it for 15 minutes a day.
Passion Flower is one of the most sought after natural gynecomastia remedies. This is to be expected given the fact that it contains chrysin, a substance that boosts your testosterone level.
- Just add a teaspoon of passion flower (dried) in a cup of boiling water and mix it like tea.
- Drink this passion flower tea numerous times a day.
Cordyceps provides a number of health benefits. Among them are strengthening the immune system, boosting energy and it slows down aging. However it can do more than that as cordyceps is also effective for male breast reduction because it cuts down body fat.
- For the best results you should use this as an herbal tea. Bring water to boil and throw in dried cordyceps leaves in the water.
- Let the mixture simmer for a couple of hours before drinking. Note: the taste is somewhat bitter.
Flaxseeds are rich in lignans which are responsible for reducing your body’s estrogen levels. In addition they’re also full of omega 3 fatty acids that boost your testosterone levels.
- For optimum results you should mix warm water with grounded flaxseed. Drink it a couple of times a day.
- Or you may spray flaxseeds on bread, muffins and your favorite foods. Or you can just eat flaxseed and watch your man boobs shrink.
Other Tips and Suggestions
The treatments presented above are effective, but it’s going to take time to work. Depending on the severity of your gynecomastia, it could take weeks or months to get results. In the meantime you may want to try out the following tips to reduce your male breast.
- Add zinc to your diet: zinc is known as a libido booster, but it does more than that. Zinc stimulates production of testosterone in your body, reducing your man boobs in the process. Zinc is available in supplemental form, but you can also get it in lobsters, oysters and other seafood.
- Man boobs don’t usually cause pain, but if they do, apply cold compress on the affected area. If there’s swelling and pain, cold compress will soothe the nerve cells and make you feel better. Always wrap the ice cubes in a towel or napkin: do not rub the ice on your chest directly.
- Eat fruits and vegetables: you may have heard of this before but it bears repeating. Fruits and vegetables are good for you. They’re rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, plus they burn fat in your body including those on our chest. The best veggies and fruits for gynecomastia are tomato, spinach, celery, papaya, berries and apples.
- Exercise: gynecomastia is brought about by low testosterone, and one way to increase this is through regular exercise. You don’t have to focus on chest workouts as you will get better results if you do full body workouts.
Pushups, crunches, squats and pull ups are among the best you can do. You should also add some weight training to build up your muscles. At the very least should work out 4 times a week 25 minutes a day. If you can work out 5 days a week for 30 minutes that’s even better.
- Be active: you don’t have to limit yourself to the workouts mentioned above. Swimming, rowing, sports, cycling etc. anything that gets you moving. As long as you’re physically active, your metabolism is going to burn up those fats and restore your hormone levels.
Having man boobs is unpleasant, but as we have shown here there are a lot of ways you can deal with it. Here are a few more suggestions:
- Don’t drink too much alcohol. It could overwork your liver and worsen your man boobs problem.
- Going on a crash diet is not the answer. That’s only going to worsen the situation because you’ll end up eating more once your diet is over. Instead you should eat lots of fruits and veggies.
- Stay away from fatty foods and sweets.
- If possible, go with organic food as they’re more efficient when it comes to burning fat.
- Don’t just focus on losing the fats from your chest. Focus on getting a good body. If you just go on a diet and lose the fat, you’ll end up with a skinny physique. By lifting weights, you will replace those fats with muscles.
As you’re getting into shape, pay attention to what you wear. Do not wear shirts with vertical stripes as that accentuates your chest. Second, wear dark colored shirts. It doesn’t have to be black, just a dark shade. Avoid tight fitting colorful shirts because you’ll be calling attention to it. If you’re conscious about your body contour, wear shirts with patterns like flowers, scribbles, lines or geometrical shapes.
If you look up gynecomastia remedies online you’re going to find a lot of treatments, most of which are expensive and impractical. But as I have shown here there are a lot of cheaper and effective male breast reduction methods.Which of these are the most effective? That’s up to you as they’ve all been proven to work.